Employer: Women's Community Shelters
Work Type/s: Casual
Classification/s: Housing & Homelessness, Social Work, Women's Organisations & Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 27 February, 2017.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Casual pool – without guaranteed number of hours each week
SCHADS AWARD - 4.1.
Women’s Community Shelters operates two shelters in the Sydney Metropolitan area that require a Case Worker to support both shelters on a casual basis.
Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Women’s Shelter (HKWS) is a crisis accommodation service for up to 10 women without dependent children, who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence, or other issues.
The Sanctuary, Hills Women’s Shelter is a crisis accommodation service for up to 6 women, with dependent children who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence.
Both shelters are staffed 24/7 and this position will include a sleepover shifts.
Both shelters are dedicated to supporting and empowering women to take control and move forward with their lives. Our clients are supported with client-centric case management and are encouraged and supported to pursue opportunities to secure safe and affordable accommodation, education, training and financial security. An understanding of the homelessness sector, awareness around current issues and practices in domestic violence and good knowledge base of housing pathways are key skills for this role.
These casual opportunities ideally suit experienced community case workers who are LOCAL to the area, who enjoy team and individual work, are responsible, conscientious and who demonstrate both flexibility and commitment to the available shifts.
- Demonstrated experience within the community services sector in a caseworker capacity
- Demonstrated understanding of client-centric practice
- Degree or demonstrated work experience in social work, social welfare or other related discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated work experience with women who have a history of domestic violence and/or homelessness
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to develop tailored client solutions
- Availability and flexibility to work across day, evening and overnight shifts, including weekends
- Current first aid certificate or capacity to acquire one before commencement
- Have a valid Police Check or be willing to obtain one before commencement
- Working with Children Police Check or be willing to obtain one before commencement
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- The right to live and work in Australia
Under the provisions of the Anti-Discrimination Act (NSW) 1977, being a woman is an essential criterion for this position.
Both shelters operate 24 hours, 7 days a week and therefore flexibility for early mornings, weeknights, weekends, sleepover shifts and potential on call as required from time to time is essential. This position would suit women living in the local area.