Relationship Development Manager
Employer: The Cranlana Programme
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Business Development & Sales
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 August, 2016.
Applications close: 20 August, 2016. (Expired)
The Cranlana Programme, established in 1993, is an independent not for profit organisation that seeks to cultivate wisdom in leadership. To this end we specialise in development courses for leaders. Our aim is to equip those responsible for shaping Australian society with the capacity to face the complex challenges facing the nation, for the benefit of the whole community.
Our main programme is the six-day colloquium, although we do offer sector specific two day programmes, called symposia. In addition, we also have a substantial alumni engagement programme.
Our reputation in the public sector is mixed. We have strong relationships in Victoria, good coverage federally and to a slightly lesser extent, in NSW. Outside of these states there is plenty of opportunity to make our mark. Currently we run six open colloquia for the public sector and run a few private programmes for specific parts of the public service (for example, the NSW PSC).
The Cranlana Programme is at an exciting time in its journey, both operationally and strategically, and we are looking to recruit a Relationship Manager to really push forward our engagement with the public service. This role would suit someone who has spent time in the public service or has strong networks in the sector, with an understanding of the leadership challenges they face. Alternatively, this role may be suited to someone who has been responsible for Learning & Development, Fund Raising or securing Sponsorships. Ultimately, the individual needs to be passionate about what we are trying to achieve, have plenty of energy and drive and highly accomplished at developing relationships.
Role objective: To devise and implement a sustainable relationship development strategy that increases the public sector’s engagement with the Cranlana Programme and be the ‘face’ of TCP in the public sector.
- Working with the Business Development Director, review current relationship development strategies, make recommendations for improvement and implement a nationwide relationship development strategy for the public sector
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the public sector, in particular the leadership challenges that they face, recognising opportunities and threats to TCP’s strategy and propose ways forward
- Listen to the market and feed information back into TCP to refine offering and marketing messaging
- Identify key strategic relationships in the public service (both targets and alumni) and develop those relationships to act as advocates for TCP in the market placeAttend the public sector programmes, ensuring that all participants are engaged and the programmes run smoothly. Attend other TCP events as and when
- Take on additional projects as required by the organisation and directed by the CEO
Key selection criteria:
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to relationship development and/or building strategic relationships
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and/or delivery of results to strategic plans/targets
- Highly organised with a project management mindset
- Flexible and adaptable team player with a collaborative, open and efficient style that enjoys working in a small team environment
- High level of professionalism, integrity, ethics, judgement and confidentiality
- A keen interest in the aims and values of the organisation
- Ability to work occasional weekends (approx. 6 per year - no paid overtime but days in lieu given) and evenings