Employer: The Sunrise Project Australia Limited
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Environment & Sustainability
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 04 March, 2016.
Applications close: 28 March, 2016. (Expired)
If you're passionate about driving the transition beyond fossil fuels, the Senior Strategist role at The Sunrise Project could be your opportunity to make a big impact.
The Sunrise Project is a small environmental campaign outfit with an over-sized impact. Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, we are a small team of experienced environmental campaigners, analysts and communications professionals who provide support to the growing movement beyond fossil fuels. We provide analysis, strategic advice, and funding to a wide range of community organisations from one end of Australia to the other with the aim of protecting the environment and keeping fossil fuels in the ground. Our aim is to strengthen the organisations and communities that we support and to connect them together for greater collective impact.
We are seeking an experienced campaign strategist to help lead our campaigns. We’re looking for an experienced campaigner with an innate grasp of strategy, great facilitation and coordination skills and who understands how to build and support social movements. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of winning advocacy campaigns and will have exceptional interpersonal relationship and organisational skills.
- Develop and implement campaign strategies that will keep fossil fuels in the ground and drive the transition to 100% renewable power;
- Facilitate collaboration between program partners to implement campaign strategies.
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing winning campaigns;
- Exceptional relationship management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- An understanding of how to build and support social movements;
- Ability to understand power relationships and design effective campaign strategy;
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills;
- Detailed knowledge of the Australian and global energy sector is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of finance sector campaigning is desirable but not essential;
- Experience in philanthropy and grant-making is desirable but not essential;
- Passion to protect the environment and solve the climate crisis is critical.
A competitive salary will be negotiated in order to attract experienced candidates.