Marketing Manager - Tanzania (voluntary)
Employer: The School of St Jude
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Fundraising, International Aid & Development
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 05 January, 2017.
Applications close: 30 January, 2017. (Expired)
The School of St Jude is a charity funded NGO that provides a free, high-quality education to almost 1,800 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in the Arusha region of Tanzania, East Africa.
We are seeking a creative energetic individual to lead our Fundraising Team based in Arusha, Tanzania at The School of St Jude.
To develop effective marketing strategies for the school, including the website and online social networking sites; create exceptional PR opportunities and nurture relationships with supporters.
The Marketing Manager will have to manage a small marketing team and work closely with other departments. We are looking for a team player who is capable of multi-tasking, working under pressure and shows great initiative as well as leadership.
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the St Jude's website and coordinate content and activity for the site
- Strive to continually improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the website
- Advise on Search engine optimization strategies
- Oversee the social media channels
- Manage the St Jude's monthly newsletter distribution and database
- Plan and execute strategies to build the newsletter subscriber list
- Monitor and report on website visitation results
- Manage and update the St Jude’s website
- Support the marketing team in designing print and web marketing collateral
- Review new technologies and keep up to date with latest trends in digital marketing and fundraising, making recommendations for relevant revenue generating initiatives
- Provide monthly reports on marketing activities
- Perform any other duties as you may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Qualifications, skills & attributes
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field such as Marketing, Design and/or Public Relations
- Minimum of three years’ experience in digital marketing
- Experience in cause related marketing or fundraising
- Graphic design skills and solid understanding of design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign
- Highly creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within branding guidelines
- Experience identifying target audiences and devising digital strategies to engage, inform and motivate current and potential supporters
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Up to date with latest trends and best practices in online marketing and fundraising
A minimum commitment of 24 months is expected.
International volunteers receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. For further information regarding volunteering at The School of St Jude please visit our website http://www.schoolofstjude.org/join-us/current-vacancies.html.
A full position description is attached below.