Communication Manager - Tanzania (voluntary)
Employer: The School of St Jude
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Fundraising, International Aid & Development
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 05 January, 2017.
Applications close: 30 January, 2017. (Expired)
The School of St Jude is a charity funded NGO that provides a free, high-quality education to almost 1,800 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in the Arusha region of Tanzania, East Africa.
We are seeking a creative energetic individual to lead our Fundraising Team based in Arusha, Tanzania at The School of St Jude.
To positively impact the communication and fundraising efforts of The School of St Jude.
- Reporting directly to the Founding Director, strategise and implement communications plans to improve the school’s fundraising efforts.
- Work with the Sponsor Relations Manager to ensure the sponsorship program meets its goal of engaging sponsors.
- Work with the Supporter Relations Manager to ensure VIPs are identified and engaged with the school and its achievements.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to drive initiatives that will further promote The School of St Jude and increase its supporter base.
- Work with the Donor Relations Manager to assist community fundraisers and engage St Jude’s donors.
- Maintain good relationships with all departments across the school to ensure the fundraising objectives can be reached.
- Perform any other duties as you may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Qualifications, skills & attributes
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field such as Marketing, Design and/or Public Relations/Journalism.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in digital marketing
- Experience in cause related marketing or fundraising
- Managerial skills
- Extraordinary communication and networking skills
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
- Strong attention to detail
- Be flexible, open-minded, tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers
A minimum commitment of 24 months is expected.
International volunteers receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. For further information regarding volunteering at The School of St Jude please visit our website http://www.schoolofstjude.org/join-us/current-vacancies.html.
A full position description is attached below.