Fundraising & Community Engagement Manager
Employer: St John's Community Services
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Fundraising, Management, Housing & Homelessness
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 02 December, 2016.
Applications close: 16 January, 2017. (Expired)
We are hiring for an exciting new position to focus on delivery of the following key result areas:
- Management of existing key relationships and lead development of new partnerships
- Development and implementation of fundraising strategy including event management
- Ownership of donor administration
- Delivery of all communications including social media
About St John's Community Services
For almost three decades, St John’s Anglican Church has been ministering to the street community of Darlinghurst. St John's Community Services (SJCS) was formally established in 2005 to fund and maintain a number of targeted services for the disadvantaged and marginalized in the Darlinghurst and Kings Cross area. The services are run through Rough Edges, our home on Darlinghurst Road.
Also known as Roughies, Rough Edges is a place for the street community to have a coffee, enjoy a free meal and spend time together in a safe and welcoming environment. Rough Edges is currently open 2 days and 5 nights per week. Other SJCS programmes are: St Johns Legal Centre, Community Assistance and Partnership Program (CAPP), Urban Exposure, and Streetwise.
SJCS is committed to its values of open hearts, open hands, open doors.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Fundraising & Community Engagement Manager will be integral to SJCS as it supports the organisation’s ability to keep our doors open. The position's primary purposes are to raise the profile of SJCS and Rough Edges, and to increase the level of financial support from the local and wider community through the development and implementation of a fundraising and event plan, whilst taking ownership of the Urban Exposure education programme.
The position is part time, 3 days per week, initially on an 8 month temporary contract with a view to extend to permanent. Flexibility with working hours/ days as required would be of benefit as would occasional visits during evening opening hours.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work within the ethos of SJCS as a faith-based community services ministry
- A genuine interest and sensitivity towards working with the often marginalised community
- Experience in a similar role with the ability to develop strategies and proposals
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, with excellent communication and relationship management skills to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Microsoft Office Intermediate skill level and experience working with databases preferably Salesforce and Mailchimp
- An excellent phone manner with the confidence to actively pursue donations
A full position description is attached below.