Financial Counsellor - Morwell
Employer: Good Shepherd Microfinance
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Community Development, Finance & Accounting, Mental Health & Counselling
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional VIC
Job posted on: 09 January, 2017.
Applications close: 22 January, 2017.
- Use your financial expertise to provide safe and affordable products to the Latrobe Valley community
- Be a part of our exciting growth to make a real difference in more people’s lives!
- Based in Morwell
Join a high performing team with heart!
Good Money is a joint initiative of Good Shepherd Microfinance, NAB and State Governments providing community finance products and services within a retail shop front model.
Currently there are 4 outlets located in Collingwood, Dandenong, Geelong and Salisbury in South Australia. 2017 is shaping up to be the most exciting year to date for Good Money, with two new stores opening in Queensland and another Victorian store in Morwell. Help us build another high performing team to support and develop the financial resilience of the communities of the Latrobe Valley!
What will be your key focus?
Reporting to the Good Money Retail Manager for a 12 month period, you will be primarily responsible for providing advice and services to people experiencing financial hardship in the local community. In addition, you will maintain community links with relevant organisations in the region with a view to improving client outcomes. You will be the ultimate professional with well-honed judgement and will know how to build the capability of the community.
What will you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated experience working as a financial counsellor, membership of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council and Financial Counsellors Australia accredited (preferred)
- Qualifications in financial counselling, community development or community service related area
- Experience in casework, referral and advocacy on behalf of clients
- Ability to establish rapport with customers from diverse backgrounds and complex needs and provide efficient and high quality customer service
- Ability to articulate and work through relevant budgeting and numerical processes with customers
- Competent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of customer databases
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures, processes and compliance requirements whilst paying attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure through effective planning and prioritising and being flexible/ adaptive to change
- The capacity and commitment to work in alignment with the values of Good Shepherd Microfinance and understand the issue of financial exclusion in Australia
More about us?
Our Good Money team are the best in the business - they know their communities and their competition and can provide fairer financial alternatives for their customers. Most importantly, they’re fun-loving, passionate about supporting each other and getting better at what they do – and won’t hesitate to celebrate hard work!
At Good Shepherd Microfinance our team engagement scores are consistently some of the highest in Australia and we are one of the few organisations nationally to be accredited with Investors in People – which recognises the value we place on managing our people. We do this by:
- Focussing on all aspects of employee wellbeing;
- Living our values through our Reconciliation Action Plan and having women in 67% of leadership positions;
- Offering a supportive environment that encourages professional development;
- Offering salary packaging benefits that can increase take home pay.