Supported Accommodation Assistance Program (SAAP) Worker
Employer: St Kilda Youth Service
Work Type/s: Part Time
Classification/s: Community Development, Education & Training, Housing & Homelessness, Social Work, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 14 February, 2012.
Applications close: 02 March, 2012. (Expired)
St Kilda Youth Service (SKYS) is a dynamic organisation committed to providing an innovative and holistic service to young people within the local community. The organisation hopes to maximise young peoples potential through the creation of opportunities, which enhance the quality of their lives and connection to their community.
The Supported Accommodation Assistance Program (SAAP) worker role exists to provide delivery of transitional accommodation and support services to young people experiencing homelessness, or are at risk of homelessness.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of issues associated with youth homelessness, accommodation support and the homelessness service delivery model.
- Completion of a degree in a relevant discipline and/or experience in training, community education, youth work.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in client assessment and case management that pertains to homeless youth.
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act (Victoria).
- Working knowledge of Public Housing Segmented Waiting List’s and the management of clientele through this process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Government and community sectors. In particular Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
- A current driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment
- Salary range: (SACS YW 1) + benefits (salary packaging negotiated on appointment)
- 5 weeks annual leave, Hours .8 EFT.
A full position description is attached below.
Telephone enquiries to the Client Services Manager: Sharni MacDonald on (03) 9534 3685.