Social Support Personal Alarms Service Officer (voluntary)
Employer: Australian Red Cross
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Care & Support Work, Trades & Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Job posted on: 06 January, 2017.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
The role of the Social Support Personal Alarm Service Officer - Volunteer, is to provide technical and administrative support to current Clients.
- Maintenance of personal alarms in client's homes, by changing alarm batteries and programming in new pendants
- Troubleshooting alarm faults by testing pendants, power packs, cables, mode 3 sockets, filters, safety sockets and identifying land line issues
- Active participation in the wider Social Inclusion team
- Maintaining accurate records
- Providing services in line with AS4607-1999 Australian Standard personal response systems, Community Care Common Standards and other related National Standards or best practice model.