Realfoods Cafe Volunteer & Administration Support Officer
Employer: RMIT Student Union
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Administration, FairTrade & Organic, Retail & Hospitality, Volunteer Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP), University & Higher Education
Job posted on: 05 January, 2017.
Applications close: 22 January, 2017.
- Temporary Full time
A unique career building opportunity exists for an aspiring Café manager or for an experienced Café manager who is looking to move into the ethical, fairtrade social enterprise space.
RUSU Realfoods is all about providing affordable healthy fairtrade, organic vegan and vegetarian food options and coffee to student. We provide RMIT students with hands on experience volunteering/working in a successful and busy Café.
From March to June 2017 RUSU Realfoods will operate as a Pop up Café in a brand new Pop Up café space within the heart of RMIT’s city campus.
- Established suppliers and an exciting menu
- An operational plan and established processes
- An existing customer base
- A high-quality volunteer program (60+ student volunteers)
- The best tasting Fair-trade Coffee around.
- Someone with extensive customer service and Café experience, (both in –café and the out of Café administration required to support a Café)
- A barista with 2 years’ + experience
- Someone passionate about working with and training volunteers/ young people.
- A ‘Can Do’ person who can lead and is up for the challenge of being the primary staff member in our Pop Up Realfoods Café?
- Someone who supports affordable, healthy, ethical, vegetarian/ vegan food and drinks?
Our Realfoods Pop Up Café opens in early March and what we need is you……..the lead staff member on site running the show.
JOIN THE RUSU REALFOODS CAFÉ TEAM
Annual Salary: $63,554 (full time equivalent) + superannuation
Temporary Contract: Mid February- Mid June 2017
A full position description is attached below.