Consultant - Mid-Term Review
Employer: Research for Development Impact Network
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: International Aid & Development, Policy & Research
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 31 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Call for Expressions of Interest
Established in 2009, the Research for Development Impact (RDI) Network (formerly the ACFID University Network) is a network of practitioners, researchers and evaluators - working in international development. With over 1,000 individual participants, the Network has become a key outlet for accessing diverse research expertise, brokering partnerships, convening relevant forums and conferences as well as supporting research practice among NGOs and academia in Australia.
Scope of the Consultancy
Approaching the mid-term point of a three-year funded program, a mid-term evaluation and review is being commissioned. The purpose of this review is to examine the progress made against the Network’s full work plan indicated in the program proposal, including progress against outcomes as well as activities. The review will also be used to gather lessons learned, update the program, and encourage further engagement with stakeholders.
The RDI Network is seeking to engage an external consultant(s) to complete a short-term consultancy to undertake an in-depth evaluation of the Program and produce a formal review report, capturing and offering clear recommendations for the second phase of the program.
The consultant(s) will be expected to have:
- Demonstrated MEL experience with complex, non-linear social change processes, including in relation to Networks and/or coalitions;
- Demonstrated experience leading evaluations, preferably, in an international development context;
- Ability to establish good working relationships with and to interview a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Experience formulating recommended actions that subsequently have been utilised by clients; and
- Demonstrated report writing skills with an ability to write for multiple audiences.
The work will commence immediately and the final report will be due before the end of April. Further details, and a Terms of Reference for the consultancy, can be downloaded from this page.
Note that the consultancy contract will be made between the consultant(s) and the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), as the signatory authority for the RDI Network.