Intake & Assessment Officer
Employer: City of Port Phillip
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Aged Care & Seniors’ Rights, Disability Services, Health Care & Allied Health, Nursing, Social Work
Sector/s: Local Government
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 23 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Permanent full-time position
- Band 6 ($77,313 - $ 84,274) + 9.5% Superannuation
- St Kilda Town Hall location
Do you love to work in a busy and dynamic workplace that values a client-centred approach?
An opportunity is available for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to apply for the position of Intake and Assessment Officer. This new position will support the Intake and Assessment team to assess triage, schedule and assess clients under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People.
As an Intake and Assessment Officer your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide an initial point of contact for Port Phillip residents and organisations seeking information about assessment services within the municipality
- Receipt and processing of referrals and scheduling of assessments
- To undertake assessments and reviews utilising a consumer directed care, wellness and reablement approach.
- Responsible for the provision of accurate, specialist advice in the area of aged and disability services to clients.
The successful applicant will thrive in a team environment and possess working knowledge of the issues and trends within disability and aged care sector.