Senior Employment Consultant - Dandenong
Employer: Prahran Mission
Work Type/s: Part Time, Contract
Classification/s: Disability Services, HR & Employment Services, Mental Health & Counselling, Social Work
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 25 January, 2017.
JobSupply Personnel (JSP) is a program offered through Uniting Care Prahran Mission Employment Services. As a contracted DES provider, JSP assists people who have a disability and works in partnership with them to gain and maintain meaningful employment, with award wages and conditions. We're now looking to appoint a fellow professional to join our team - specifically a Senior Employment Consultant.
Our Team is comprised of experienced professionals, friendly, supportive and ready to assist you to be successful. Your Manager is an experienced and dynamic leader with a wealth of knowledge to share but also open to your suggestions for improving service to our clients and contributing to our results.
This exciting role is ideal for a dynamic and motivated Senior Employment Consultant to work at our Dandenong office, 4 days per week.
The initial contract will be for 6 months only, with a high probability of an extension for a longer period subject to satisfactory performance.
As a Disability Employment Consultant, you will be responsible for managing a caseload of job seekers, applying your effective communication skills, empathy and forward thinking, in every aspect of your role, embracing, and adding to, well proven processes and techniques to find sustainable employment for our clients.
In this role you will be the only employment consultant working in our Dandenong office so responsibilities will include:
- Administration of shared space working with the location management
- Maintaining records and access to on line systems
- Building relationships with local organisations in order to create job opportunities,
- Engaging pro-actively with our job seekers, to place them in various training and work related activities which will result in them re-entering the workplace.
- Intelligent assessments of client need and barriers to employment, formulating and following through on a meaningful action plan which is truly a pathway to employment
- Management support will be provided from our Prahran location so you must be able to operate with limited supervision.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your experience and highly developed skills to achieve results alongside a commitment to social justice.
You must have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Familiarity with the Dandenong location from current or prior work experience in the DES or Social Services sector is highly preferred. At minimum experience in providing these services to clients in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
- High level of work ethic.
- Proficiency in delivering high quality client management focused on job readiness and employment.
- Effective communication with a strength based approach which embraces and builds on best practice
- Ability to adhere to strict guidelines and be contract compliant at all times
- Ability to meet targets and KPI’s
- Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate especially in building relationships and developing linkage with local organisations
- A demonstrated understanding of the current DES contract
- Proven experience with the Employment Services System (ESS)
- A positive and motivating attitude
- Experience with people who are living with a mental illness or disability
You will need:
- A Working with Children Check (Mandatory)
- A current Full Victorian Drivers Licence
- As many of our clients are affected by mental illness C1V in Mental Health or similar tertiary qualifications in Mental Health or Social Services highly preferred
Base Salary + Super + Salary Packaging + other benefits.
A position description is attached below.