Senior Campaign Manager - World Animal Protection
Employer: NGO Recruitment & Consulting
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Animal Welfare & Protection, Fundraising, Management, Project Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 05 December, 2016.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Influence key stakeholders and drive impact for animals
- Inspire people to move the world to protect animals
- Highly regarded International NGO, St Leonards based
World Animal Protection (formerly The World Society for the Protection of Animals) is an international animal welfare non-government organisation that has been in operation for over 30 years and has country locations in Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America. The organisation is active in more than 50 countries with more than one million supporters globally.
To achieve its vision of a world where animals live free from suffering, World Animal Protection has four main campaigns to protect the one billion animals that live in communities, 70 billion animals farmed each year, to protect and rescue animals in disaster zones and to protect wild animals keeping them in the wild. On a global scale, World Animal Protection also works towards putting animal protection at the heart of global thinking by using their theory of change to lobby and advocate; educate and mobilse and catalyse sustainable solutions to achieve impact for animals at scale.
Reporting to the Country Director Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) & functionally to global Heads of Campaigns, you will translate global campaigns into an Australian context. You will provide leadership for key public mobilization campaigns that compel key stakeholders such as corporations and governments to effect change. To achieve this you will:
- Ensure project goals are delivered in ANZ in co-operation with the global virtual campaign team
- Provide leadership for the design and delivery of global and local campaigns in the ANZ context
- Communicate the organisations positions and key messages
You have successfully led a range of social change campaigns within politics, animal welfare, environment, conservation, human rights or similar. Other requirements include:
- A solid understanding of the national political landscape and industry/corporate stakeholders
- A proven track record managing projects to deliver specific outcomes
- Well developed networking, advocacy and negotiation skills