Change Management Support Officer
Employer: National Council of Churches in Australia Limited
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Operations & Risk Management, Policy & Research, Project Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 06 January, 2017.
Applications close: 27 January, 2017. (Expired)
The Change Management Support Officer will play a key role in providing day to day operational support to the Policy and Programs Department (PPD) in Act for Peace.
Act for Peace has an established and experienced programs team going through a change management process that require support in the effective and efficient oversight of initiatives to improve organisational and team improvement. This is a new fixed term position (6 months) that requires someone to provide timely, efficient and reliable coordination support to PPD management team to carry out work plan priorities during a time of organisational change.
The focus of the role is to support the PPD management team to complete key priorities for organisational development that will include management of specific initiatives including assisting in coordination of management planning & reporting processes; the roll-out of internal policy review and reporting systems, risk management framework and staff performance management systems. This position will be responsible for oversight and completion of change management initiatives that support internal PPD processes and strategies to enable more effective programming that reflects agreed quality, accountability and effectiveness standards and that ensures staff, department management processes achieve their full potential in fulfilling the Act for Peace Goal.
The position works within Act for Peace policy, strategy and operational frameworks and will support roll-out of key policies for risk management and team performance management. The role will be suited to someone with good project management skills and the ability to assess and understand the context for policy roll-out and support staff to adopt practices to improve work flow management and accountability.
Reporting to the Senior Programs Manager the position will work closely with the Senior Protection and Policy Advisor and the PPD management team to support roll-out of change management work plan priorities for the Policy and Programs Department.
Strategy & Operations
- Provide support to PPD management team for forward planning, including scheduling, arranging meetings (PPM and AMT), agenda-setting, minutes and follow-up actions
- Assist PPD management coordination of planning processes (PPT Operational Plans, PPT Enabling Plan and Partner Plans)
- Facilitate coordination of specific initiatives related to PPD management of staff and projects.
Quality, Accountability, Effectiveness, Compliance (Policy and Procedure)
- Coordinate PPD’s internal reporting system to senior management and the Commission (risk reports and progress/variance against the Strategic Plan).
- Support the roll-out of a whole of agency Risk Management Framework,
- Establish process for PPD agency, partner and staff level risk to be monitored and reported on. Coordinate development and implementation of AfP’s new Risk Management Framework.
- Support management in the coordination of establishing systems and processes to support resource allocation through the Agency Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework (MELF).
Partnerships & Staff Management
- Support coordination of PPD meetings, AfP Staff Meetings (making sure relevant content / Agenda, effective learning opportunities, minutes and follow-up actions)
- Support management in the roll-out and coordination of PPD Job Descriptions, KRAs and Agency Focal Point roles and responsibilities
- Support recruitment of Policy and Program Dept. staff, consultants and others as required
- Effective monitoring, reporting and learning strategy contributes to impact and staff growth
- Leadership: Ability to understand project requirements and work as a member of a team and autonomously to complete set tasks
- Planning and Organising: ability to meet tight deadlines; handle concurrent projects/activities and balance, prioritise and adjust changing workloads; capacity to follow Act for Peace knowledge management/record keeping systems.
- Values: Understanding of and commitment to Act for Peace’s development philosophy, principles and objectives, and policies.
- Problem-solving: ability to use sound judgment in applying technical expertise to a range of issues/problems with strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Communication: excellent spoken and written English communication skills; the ability to relate to respectfully and effectively with partners from different cultures; capacity to prepare program proposals and reports; capacity to contribute to marketing and fundraising materials; capacity to contribute to campaigning, policy and advocacy materials.
- Teamwork: generous team spirit; excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective national and international partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-faith environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; capacity to work with remote stakeholders.
- Technology: fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
The position is fixed term for six months.
About Act for Peace
Act for Peace is the international aid agency of the National Council of Churches in Australia (‘NCCA’), a council of 19 member churches. Our vision is for a peaceful world where all people share a safe, just and dignified life. Our purpose is to empower passionate people to work together to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict, displacement and disaster.
The Programs and Policy Department work with partners to support a range of humanitarian and development initiatives including program implementation, organizational development and advocacy, assisting partners working with communities in or from Syria, Palestine, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, the Philippines, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Tonga and Vanuatu. For more information about Act for Peace, including our principles and policies, please see our website, www.actforpeace.org.au
We are a member of the global ACT Alliance which provides development and humanitarian assistance in more than 140 countries - enabling us to respond immediately to emergency situations and to advocate with global resources. For more information about the ACT Alliance, please see www.actalliance.org
Required selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience supporting the rollout of organisational change management processes;
- Excellent and demonstrated coordination and administration skills;
- Experience facilitating staff consultation processes to input into organisational human resource policies;
- Experience in the capacity building of staff through introducing and/or communicating policy and processes to improve workflow management and accountability;
- Understanding of and experience with operationalising risk management frameworks;
- Experience supporting the review of organisational policies, project proposals, and reporting for government funded programming;
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to plan, organize, prioritise and implement work flow processes to meet position objectives, work independently and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and be flexible, including the ability to cope with multiple tasks, deadlines, and competing and/or changing demands;
- Advanced writing, editing and document formatting skills (if invited to an interview please bring examples of reports for agencies or donors, policies and or operational manuals illustrating your capacity to communicate in the written word).
Our selected candidate will:
- Have a friendly, positive, respectful approach to work and the ability to work with personnel with a range of competencies;
- Have required visas to work in Australia;
- Be able to undertake interstate travel;
- Undertake a National Police Check and Working with Children checks prior to employment. Act for Peace prioritises the safeguarding of children in all of our work;
- Commit to the values and purpose of Act for Peace and the NCCA as a whole, including sympathy with the values of the Christian faith. Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity & equity.