Speech Pathologist - Nowra
Employer: Mission Australia
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: Disability Services, Health Care & Allied Health, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional NSW
Job posted on: 10 January, 2017.
Applications close: 24 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Located in Nowra
- 4 days per week
- Fixed Term Contract until June 30th 2017
- SECTION 66 APPLICANTS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
Therapy & Intervention Service Illawarra provides Case Management, Local Coordination and Development for families that have a child diagnosed with a Disability aged between 0-8 years of age, who are living in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven region.
In this role you will utilise knowledge and skills of assessment and intervention to provide comprehensive speech and communication services to children with disabilities and developmental delay within the context of family centred practice. (A copy of the position description is provided below).
- Provide comprehensive assessment and ongoing speech, language and communication therapy for children as identified in the program
- Prepare client goal sheets for the service in line with NDIS Participant Pre Plans
- Specialist Advice
- Work in partnership with staff, other agencies and families to ensure the provision of coordinated and effective programs for children and their families.
- Promote and co-ordinate service activities in accordance with inclusive and family centred practice principles.
- Assist in shaping the future for the NDIS for Mission Australia Illawarra/Shoalhaven.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science (speech Pathology) or recognized equivalent qualification
- Eligibility for full membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Experience working with children with disabilities
- Experience working with babies and children with feeding difficulties
- Knowledge of assessment techniques and the ability to use a range of service delivery models
- Demonstrated ability in use of AAC systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate across all Aspects windows environment
- Knowledge and experience in collaborative consultation
- Demonstrated ability to work within a family centred practice philosophy.
- First Aid Certificate – or willingness to acquire prior to employment
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities