Sales Representative - Disability Management Services - Illawarra / Macarthur
Employer: Mission Australia
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Business Development & Sales, Disability Services, HR & Employment Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 24 January, 2017.
- Located in Shellharbour (Illawarra & Macarthur)
- Full Time Hours
- Fixed Term until 30th June 2018
- Business Car
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
Disability Employment Solutions (DES) assists employers to hire staff with an injury, disability or health condition. DES provides employers with ongoing assistance, training & support and access to a range of other support services including wage subsidies & financial assistance to help cover costs such as modifying the workplace or purchasing adaptive technologies or interpreting services. For the job seeker, DES provides Disability Management Services (DMS) for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support to keep a job; and Employment Support Services, providing assistance to those with permanent disability who need regular, ongoing support to keep a job
In this role you will work with employers to meet their recruitment and staffing needs. You will identify new business to generate relevant vacancies for our jobseekers, influence employers, negotiate employment outcomes and work collaboratively with the employment solutions team to ensure that job seekers are successful in securing and sustaining employment.
Additionally, this role will provide employment advisor relief to sites when needed. (A copy of the position description is provided below)
- Undertake a range of sales and marketing activities in order including cold calling, client visits, reverse marketing of clients (over the phone and face to face) and other sales activities to drive placements within the region
- Build successful business to business relationships and account manage these relationships to ensure repeat business
- Develop and establish networks with community partners and organisations to support delivery of the DMS contract
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the Disability Employment contract and guidelines
- Develop tools and resources and/or business improvement strategies to support the growth of the Disability contract
- Monitor client progress by providing post placement support with both job seekers and employers to ensure sustained employment and continued positive relationships with the service.
- Complete and manage all system administration tasks needed to ensure compliance for all placements and outcomes
- Provide relief support for EA's when needed
Qualifications & experience
- A passion for sales and a dedication to transforming the lives of job seekers as well as supporting local business outcomes
- Experience in account management and developing business relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Experience in sales planning, development and execution
- Proven track record in achieving sales KPIs
- Experience in employment services or DMS
- Experience in relationship management with a strong customer service focus (internal and external)
- A current Driver's Licence
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check. In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
- A fully maintained Business vehicle will be supplied for this role.