Office Administration Assistant
Employer: Melbourne Farmers Markets
Work Type/s: Casual
Classification/s: Administration, Environment & Sustainability, FairTrade & Organic, Management, Organic Farming & Gardening
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP), Social Enterprise
Job posted on: 03 January, 2017.
Applications close: 17 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Position details: Casual position for initial 3 month period, equating to approximately 3 days per week
- Reporting to: Melbourne Farmers’ Market Director & Business Manager
- Location: Melbourne Farmers’ Markets Office, Abbotsford
Melbourne Farmers Markets is a not for profit social enterprise connecting urban communities with Victorian farmers while promoting seasonal produce, biodiversity and sustainable farming practices. We manage ‘accredited’ markets across Melbourne, which means there’s no wholesalers or resellers, just real food direct from the people who produce it. We’re dedicated to building resilience, success and recognition for regional food producers (www.mfm.com.au).
MFM aims to educate customers on the positive environmental, social and small business benefits of supporting local food systems. We’re passionate about sustainable farming practices, great, fresh produce and reconnecting Australians’ with their food!
An exciting position has become available to join the MFM team and contribute to the administrative operations that occur each week to deliver the best farmers’ markets in Melbourne.
Purpose of position
Working with the MFM management team, the Office Administration Assistant will assist with the coordination of & communication with market stallholders, completing general office administration tasks and assisting with Event management and coordination.
- Ongoing management of the office administration systems for Melbourne Farmers’ Markets;
- Management and content of the weekly communications with stallholders;
- Contribution of content to MFM communications & management team;
- Assistance with event management and coordination
- Understanding of seasonal produce and farmers’ markets;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and telephone communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Sound understanding of Microsoft programs and Dropbox system;
- A passion for the local food industry.
Other relevant information
- Melbourne Farmers Markets is an equal opportunity employer;
- Some weekend work may be required at farmers’ markets.
For more information about Melbourne Farmers' Markets, please visit our website www.mfm.com.au.
A full position description is attached below.