McAuley Works Employment Case Worker
Employer: McAuley Community Services for Women
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Housing & Homelessness, HR & Employment Services, Social Work, Women's Organisations & Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 26 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Full-time 38 hours per week
- Safety, Stability, Health and Wellbeing – free from homelessness and family violence
Work in an organisation where you are encouraged to make a social impact and a key contribution to your team!
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to advocate for a better, safer and just society, through working with women and their children affected by family violence, mental illness or homelessness.
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and experienced Employment Case Workers to join our employment program with a desire to support women experiencing homelessness and/or family violence.
Ideally applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience and abilities in outplacement services or a related field (preference will be given to applicants with case management experience within Job Services Australia and / or Disability Employment Services)
- Experience in working with individuals with complex needs, including family violence, homelessness, alcohol, drugs, and/or mental illness.
- Experience in developing or using referral systems.
- Experience in resume writing, interview skills training and/or job placements.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence.
A Police check, a Working with Children Check and a current driver’s license are required prior to commencement. Salary will be negotiated in accordance with experience. Salary packaging is also available.
A full position description is attached below.