Team Leader - Clinical - Shanty Creek Treatment Centre - Mareeba
Employer: Lives Lived Well
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Alcohol & Other Drugs, Health Care & Allied Health, Mental Health & Counselling, Social Work, Indigenous
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional QLD
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 22 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Lead the team to deliver culturally validated and strength based programs
- Mareeba location, set on a scenic rural acreage in a healing and tranquil setting
- Negotiable remuneration package starting from $89,000
About Shanty Creek
In this beautiful, scenic, farming area in the Atherton Tableland, a culturally tailored program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders is working to heal lives and spirits. Shanty Creek is an alcohol and drug residential rehabilitation centre located at Mareeba.
Lives Lived Well is a leading, not-for-profit organisation delivering innovative and accessible services aimed at influencing behaviour, reducing harm, aiding recovery and bringing about positive change in people's lives.
About the role
The Team Leader with lead the ongoing development and delivery of the residential treatment and recovery program at Shanty Creek. As the Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- Leadership and guidance to the Shanty Creek team
- Providing day to day clinical oversight of program delivery and client wellbeing
- Establishing and fostering productive networks and relationships with partner service providers
- Managing delivery of culturally validated and strengths based programs
- Continuous improvement, quality management, outcomes measurement and monitoring
As an experienced professional you will bring:
- A bachelor level qualification in a relevant human services field such as psychology, social work or allied health with a minimum of 5 years post graduate clinical and mental health experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, including people from remote communities
- A drive for quality clinical outcomes with the client at the centre
- Experience leading and developing teams
- A practical, solution focused approach
For full role duties and key selection criteria please see the position description using the link below.