Senior Practitioner - ReConnect
Employer: Jesuit Social Services
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Alcohol & Other Drugs, Management, Mental Health & Counselling, Social Work
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 18 April, 2017.
Applications close: 02 May, 2017.
- Supportive team environment
- Use your leadership skills - Coordinate a small, experienced team of case support workers
- Strong, reputable organisation with over 40 years experience in the industry
About the organisation:
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program:
Brosnan Services, a program of Jesuit Social Services, has been providing a range of intensive support services to people for over 40 years.
Brosnan staff support people to overcome the legacy of negative experiences in their lives by re-affirming their value and worth as individuals. Our approach emphasises empowerment as a key principle when engaging people with multiple and complex needs. We give attention to their skills and strengths rather than deficits; and to self-determination and responsibility rather than dependency.
About the role:
ReConnect provides transitional support to eligible participants who are exiting custody and will be residing in the North and West Metropolitan regions of Melbourne. In order to facilitate community reintegration and reduce reoffending the program supports participants to address seven key domains; housing, mental health, AOD, employment, education & training, independent living skills and family & community connectedness.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Practitioner to manage, a small case load of complex participants and to coordinate a small team of case support workers. This is a full time role, based in Brunswick.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Work closely with the Coordinator to support day to day operations of the Reconnect program.
- Provide supervision and line management to a small team of case workers
- Complete initial assessments for eligible participants in custodial settings
- Manage a small case load of complex participants in an outreach capacity in the community
Qualifications, Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification/s and/or experience in field required
- Experience working effectively with people engaged in the criminal justice system and a strong understanding of the challenges facing men and women as they transition from prison to community
- Good practice framework(s) and strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in providing support, mentoring and/or supervision to staff
- Good leadership skills, use of initiative and problem solving abilityStrong understanding of working within a compliance framework
- We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary packaging
- Supportive team environment
- A range of learning and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation that makes a difference in the community