Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Care & Support Work, Disability Services
Sector/s: Business/Private Sector
Job posted on: 15 March, 2017.
Applications close: 06 April, 2017.
Hireup is an Australian technology startup connecting people with disability and support workers online. We harness technology to give people with disability the power to find, hire and manage their own support workers.
We’re a socially driven, for-purpose startup, run by a small but dedicated team of (big) thinkers, builders and doers. And we’re looking for our next recruit.
About the role
As a supporter and guardian of our community, your areas of responsibility are critical to the success of our organisation. You are the advocate, problem solver and friend of the community and you work hard to help and inspire people to find the support that’s right for them.
As a relationship manager, consistency is key, so we’re looking for people who can commit to at least one year in this role.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the Hireup community through proactive and reactive phone and email communication
- Responding to incidents and solving problems to ensure all our users are happy and safe
- Proactively communicating with users to ensure they’re making the most of the opportunities our community can provide.
- Ensuring we are a community of quality by informing, supporting and advising our users, allowing them to be their best self on our platform.
- Advocating for the users to ensure their needs and challenges are met within the platform.
- Providing the broader Head Office team with insights and inspiration of the impact our community has on their lives.
- Working on specialist projects to ensure that we’re giving our users the best possible experience.
You can check out the job description attached for a more details.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Believes that everybody should have choice and control over their own lives, no matter who they are or where they live
- Builds relationships through empathy, transparency and warmth
- Is self-motivated and reliable
- Is eager to work in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Has excellent verbal and communications skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Can commit to at least one year in the role
- Has a growth mindset - motivated and inspired to find learning and development in every moment
- Wants to work in a role that provides you with the opportunity to connect with our users and make an impact.
What we’d love to see but won’t make or break the deal
- Knowledge/experience of the disability sector
What you’ll get from us
- $55k - $65k excluding super (based on experience)
- Frenchs Forest location. Parking on site.
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and to see the impact of your work
- An open culture that thrives on new initiatives and ideas
- Working with a motivated founding team that is leading change in its industry and driven by a passion for positive social impact.