Employer: House With No Steps
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Disability Services, HR & Employment Services, Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 06 January, 2017.
Applications close: 20 January, 2017. (Expired)
We are one of Australia's leading providers of disability services. We are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives. We aim to provide professional services, advice, and support for individuals and their families that is community-based, dignified, person-centred and reflects the individual needs, preferences and skills of people with disabilities and those who support them. Our goal: to be a trusted partner, helping to create a more independent life for people, now and in the future.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive General Manager, People, Learning and Culture, this role works to enhance the overall performance of safety within the organisation and to embed a strong safety culture. The role monitors, investigates and reviews incidents and implements high level risk management strategies in line with safety legislation in NSW, QLD and VIC. It ensures effective consultation on safety matters and analyses trends and metrics to provide meaningful and informative reports to the Executive Leadership team. This role also has oversight of injury management, RTW practices and liaises with our insurers regarding worker’s compensation premium calculations.
- Provide strategic advice and direction in the development, implementation and monitoring of WHS policies, plans and programs.
- Ensure compliance with relevant safety legislation and standards and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Provide operational guidance and technical expertise and support with the aim of reducing the number of safety incidents across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders and show leadership across HWNS in promoting a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture.
- Analyse and report on statistical safety and worker’s compensation data to identify risks and implement practices to control or eliminate.
- Degree qualified in Work, Health and Safety Management (post graduate qualifications desirable)
- Significant safety management experience (8+ years) and a record of achievement at a senior level.
- Expert knowledge of contemporary safety issues and best practice, and the statutory and regulatory framework in which safety operates (across NSW, QLD and VIC), including workplace legislation.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and public policy of the disability sector.
- Ability to coach and manage a small team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated skills in consultation, facilitation, negotiation and influence, and capacity to interact at Executive level and represent HWNS in external contexts.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Good computer literacy including use of excel as an analytical and reporting tool.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and commitment to workplace safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, business improvement, equity and HWNS’ values.
- Ability to collaboratively partner with key organisational leaders.
- Ability to travel interstate as required.
Job File 1: Position Description