Learning and Culture Manager
Employer: House With No Steps
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Disability Services, HR & Employment Services, Project Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 09 January, 2017.
Applications close: 23 January, 2017. (Expired)
We are one of Australia's leading providers of disability services. We are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives. We aim to provide professional services, advice, and support for individuals and their families that is community-based, dignified, person-centred and reflects the individual needs, preferences and skills of people with disabilities and those who support them. Our goal: to be a trusted partner, helping to create a more independent life for people, now and in the future.
About the Role
This newly created position will design and execute strategic programs and initiatives to support HWNS to build the people capability and engagement needed to successfully execute its strategy. Reporting to the Executive General Manager, People, Learning and Culture, this role will apply high level subject matter expertise and transformational activity to leadership development across the organisation. They will be responsible for talent management, diversity and culture, succession planning and leadership development initiatives. They will work closely with the Strategic Innovation Unit, managing the program of internal secondments and sharing of strategic learning across the organisation.
- Develop the leadership and management capability of HWNS for the future.
- Manage key leadership, learning and development projects including talent management, succession planning and the implementation of capability frameworks.
- Enhance existing and develop new, contemporary leadership programs at various levels.
- Support significant change management initiatives and organisational cultural enhancements.
- Provide OD input and guidance to organisational transformation initiatives.
- Design and lead initiatives that maximise employee engagement.
- Degree qualified in Human Resource Management (organisational development qualifications desirable).
- Learning and development or OD experience (5+ years) and a record of achievement, preferably in a human services, not for profit environment at management level.
- Previous HR Generalist experience and the implementation and management of leadership and talent management programs.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated skills in consultation, facilitation, negotiation and influence, and capacity to interact at Executive level and represent HWNS in external contexts.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing change in a complex environment.
- Excellent computer literacy including use of excel as an analytical and reporting tool and powerpoint.
- Demonstrated commitment to HWNS’ values.
- Ability to collaboratively partner with key organisational leaders.
- Degree qualified in Psychology.
- Previous experience managing teams.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of change management methodologies.
Job File 1: Position Description