Executive General Manager Corporate Services
Employer: Guide Dogs NSW/ACT
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Disability Services, Executive & Senior Management, Project Management, Business Development & Sales, Operations & Risk Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 12 January, 2017.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Key strategic position within the senior management team
- Leading charity brand
- Chatswood location
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven leader to oversee and manage the Finance, IT, HR and Facilities Management functions at Guide Dogs NSW/ACT. In this newly created position you will also have responsibility for the Business Process Improvement function to support the implementation of the overall organisational strategy of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and the Centre for Eye Health.
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is the largest provider of guide dogs and orientation and mobility services for people with impaired vision in Australia. We have a trusted and recognised brand and deliver thousands of free client programs annually. In fact, Guide Dogs has won the Readers Digest “Most Trusted Charity Brand” award from 2013 to 2016.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will lead the development, growth and activities of all the functions under Corporate Services to ensure optimum quality services and compliance with legislative and professional ethical standards. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team and the Senior Management Team, this role will be instrumental in developing the strategic direction, annual operational plan, budget and driving change management and continuous improvement processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the management, performance and personal development of all staff across the Finance, IT, HR and Facilities Management functions;
- Ensure all corporate services functions and operational business unit strategies and plans are aligned, reviewed and implemented;
- Build and strengthen relationships between the corporate services and other departmental teams;
- Oversee the preparation of department operational plans, objectives, and KPIs;
- Oversee the delivery of accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts for the organisation to provide clear insight into the financial condition of the organisation;
- Monitor and ensure the expenditure of the organisation is controlled and implement policies to ensure the security of funds and assets;
- Negotiate favourable supplier agreements for the company;
- Oversee the annual preparation of budgets and assist in presenting these to the Finance Audit and Risk Management Committee and Board of Directors;
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual company audit;
- Oversee the effective planning and utilisation of the organisation’s staff resources within business plans, WH&S, grievance resolution, performance management and industrial relations management; and
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT’s Strategic Planning and Organisational Risk Management and Quality Assurance processes.
- Experience in management at a senior level including the functional areas of Finance, IT, and HR;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (CA or CPA) and management training;
- Extremely strong leadership & collaboration skills with the ability to inspire and motivate;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability in driving organisational change management processes, consulting and negotiation skills;
- Aptitude in strategic planning and resource management skills;
- Integrity and strong ethical standards and demonstrated reliability and accountability;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable;
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills;
- Broad proficiency in Microsoft desktop applications; and
- Enthusiasm, energy and the ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative, while still being able to work under direction.
Please see the position description for this vacancy on our website at: https://www.guidedogs.com.au/contact-us/employment-opportunities.