Senior Media Campaigner
Employer: Greenpeace Australia Pacific
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, Environment & Sustainability, Management, Media & Arts
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 06 January, 2017.
Applications close: 29 January, 2017.
- Department: Program
- Responsible to: Deputy Program Director (Campaigns)
- Direct Reports: Media Campaigner
- Salary: $92,905.88 per annum plus superannuation
Are you an innovative, enthusiastic and driven individual who can tell an amazing story and think you are up to the challenge of helping Greenpeace tell theirs?
About the role:
We're looking for an experienced newshound who can tell our story in both words and pictures and help us to win our campaigns. From saving the Great Barrier Reef to stopping the destruction of rainforests you will advise us on how to engage new audiences who can then act with us to solve these problems.
This position is located within the Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) Program Department. The Senior Media Campaigner will be responsible for the development and dissemination of the Greenpeace Story through a coordinated approach involving the leadership, supervision and direction of our traditional and digital content production.
- More than five (5) years’ experience in journalism, communications or public relations
- A deep understanding of design fundamentals and a ‘visual’ eye
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the regional, state, national and international media
- Personal portfolio of senior contacts within relevant media circles
- Demonstrated team leadership skills and the ability to work cooperatively as part of a larger team
For over 40 years, Greenpeace has been at the forefront of the world’s most pressing environmental issues. These issues are global in nature and so are their solutions. With offices in over 40 countries, we work with communities across the world to achieve large-scale change. Greenpeace Australia Pacific has a mandate to defend the rich, diverse and fragile environments in the Australia Pacific region. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What’s in it for you?
- You get to work in a team of skilled, dedicated digital trouble makers determined to disrupt the status quo
- You get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- You will have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- We work hard and play harder
- Greenpeace can guarantee a flexible work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers, as well as opportunities for professional development.
A full position description is attached below.