Employer: Greenpeace Australia Pacific
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, Environment & Sustainability, Media & Arts, Policy & Research
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 06 January, 2017.
Applications close: 29 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Responsible to: Senior Media Campaigner
- Direct Reports: Nil
- Salary: $76,065.01 per annum plus superannuation
About the role:
We're looking for an experienced newshound who can tell our story in both words and pictures and help us to win our campaigns. From saving the Great Barrier Reef to stopping the destruction of rainforests you will advise us on how to engage new audiences who can then act with us to solve these problems.
This new position is located within the Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) Program Department. They will be responsible for the development and implementation of communication strategies and facilitating communications from Greenpeace, through expert advice and media content creation, to enhance the impact and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Minimum three years’ experience in journalism, daily news or current affairs
- Understanding of the media advocacy needs of a campaigning organisation
- Experience in media training and coaching for television and radio interviews
- Ability to reliably interpret policy or external developments, in order to respond to internal and external inquiries quickly and while under pressure
- Ability to formulate and implement innovative campaign communications strategies, including digital content, full features, talks and soft media
For over 40 years, Greenpeace has been at the forefront of the world’s most pressing environmental issues. These issues are global in nature and so are their solutions. With offices in over 40 countries, we work with communities across the world to achieve large-scale change. Greenpeace Australia Pacific has a mandate to defend the rich, diverse and fragile environments in the Australia Pacific region. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What’s in it for you?
- You get to work in a team of skilled, dedicated digital trouble makers determined to disrupt the status quo
- You get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- You will have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- We work hard and play harder
- Greenpeace can guarantee a flexible work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers, as well as opportunities for professional development.
A full position description is attached below.