Fresh Produce Coordinator
Employer: The Food Co-operative
Work Type/s: Part Time, Contract
Classification/s: Co-ops & Credit Unions, FairTrade & Organic, Retail & Hospitality
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Job posted on: 05 January, 2017.
Applications close: 19 January, 2017.
About the Food Co-op
We are a not-for-profit food co-op that knows good food. We carry local, organic, sustainable, ethical, bulk and affordable produce.
Members own the Co-op, share the benefits of it and have the opportunity to work in it. The Co-op is managed with consensus-based decision making and all members are invited to participate. The Co-op employs two part time managers. Members act as volunteers and staff within the store, and perform the other tasks required to keep the Co-op operating.
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated person to join the Food Co-operative as our Fresh Produce Coordinator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Join as a member of the Food Co-operative
- Build strong working relationships with producers and wholesalers
- Plan stock orders to meet the fresh produce needs of the kitchen, cafe and shop
- Uphold high quality standard of fresh food and presentation
- Uphold the Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures of the Food Co-op
- Develop programs and systems for more efficient, diverse and reliable supply of fresh produce
- Manage fresh produce finances and pricing
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to join an active, engaging and inclusive work environment. Your responsibilities may change as needs arise, so the successful candidate must be flexible and able to work as a team member in a demanding environment with shifting priorities.
Selection Criteria (max one page)
- Understanding of and experience working within a community organisation
- Working knowledge in stock management or retail operations
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively within a diverse team
- Proven skills in planning and prioritising tasks within a demanding and dynamic environment with limited supervision
This is a part-time position, working 8-12 hours, Mondays and Fridays. Award Wage (approx $24-26/hr) Casual - 6 months minimum with possible extension.