Employer: Jigsaw Business Solutions
Work Type/s: Casual
Classification/s: Disability Services, Education & Training
Sector/s: Social Enterprise, Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 13 December, 2016.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Casual role
Jigsaw is seeking proactive and energetic people to join a small but growing team in our Frenchs Forest headquarters to provide training and support to people with disability. You will join a flourishing social enterprise and will be responsible for delivering a range of training and supports enabling all individuals to feel confident in the workplace and to achieve their employment goals.
You will report to one of two Jigsaw Project Managers (depending in which area you are employed) and work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide direct training and support to all trainees across Jigsaw Outsourcing and Jigsaw Learning, assisting project managers with daily set up and pack up, delivering one-to-one and group based training, providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance and behavioural management and ensuring each and every trainee feels fully supported and is progressing towards their employment goals.
- Maturely, professionally and proactively support trainees outside of Jigsaw with travel training and work experience with external employers.
- Deliver on any administration or reporting activities aligned with the trainees.
- Demonstrate and ensure compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures to ensure appropriate health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace
You are the right person for this role if you have:
- Previous experience in similar roles in the community services sector
- Energetic and creative individuals who have the ability to think differently about assisting trainees to achieve their employment goals
- High bandwidth for multi-tasking
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and team-work skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
It is also important that candidates:
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and working with children check
- Possess or be willing to gain a Senior First Aid Certificate
- Possess a current unrestricted NSW driver's license
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
Jigsaw is a social enterprise delivering the highest quality outsourcing and temp placement services to public and private sector clients, in order to create jobs and employment pathways for people with disability.
Jigsaw offers people with disability three distinct employment supports:
Jigsaw LEARNING provides practical training, skill-development and work experience opportunities for people with disability, focused on work-readiness.
Jigsaw OUTSOURCING delivers digitisation contracts for corporate and government clients, which creates immediate jobs for people with disability, paid at award wages.
Once trained and experienced, Jigsaw TEMPS places workers into similar roles within mainstream companies.
A full position description is attached below.