Employer: Fighting Chance
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Finance & Accounting
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 15 February, 2017.
Applications close: 15 February, 2017. (Expired)
- Full time, based in Frenchs Forest, Northern Sydney
- A competitive package (~$83,000) based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Join an innovative social enterprise empowering young adults with disability, and take the lead on a diverse finance role
Fighting Chance is an organisation working on the cutting edge of the disability sector. We imagine and build better futures for people with disability by pioneering new frontiers for social enterprise. We’re a socially driven, for-purpose organization run by a small but dedicated team of (big) thinkers, builders and doers. And we’re looking for our next recruit.
If you’re an experienced, talented and motivated Financial Accountant with the ability to lead from the front, we want to hear from you.
The right person for this role has a passion for social justice and progress, an interest in innovative not-for-profit business models and wants to be part of a vibrant team achieving genuine social impact.
You will report to the to the CEO and COO and will work autonomously to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Timely and accurate bookkeeping - accounts payable and receivable, invoicing, and reconciliations
- Management of permanent and casual staff payroll including ATO compliance, PAYG, BAS, IAS, FBT, Super.
- Preparation of Management, departmental and Board Reports
- Financial Management including data analysis, budget development, overseeing annual audit
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) financial management
You are the right person for this role if you have:
- Resilience, agility, positivity and desire to work in a rapidly changing organisation and sector
- A highly collaborative work style required to work successfully in a small start-up business
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- At least 5 years experience managing the financial accounting of a small to medium sized organisation, as well as relevant qualifications
- CA or CPA qualified
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software (MYOB preferred)
- Strong all-round reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple projects
- Ability to self-start and self direct essential
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Advanced Excel skills
It is also important that candidates:
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and working with children check
- Possess a current unrestricted NSW driver's license
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
About Fighting Chance
Established five years ago, Fighting Chance is a small not-for-profit springboarding out of the start-up phase into a period of growth and expansion. We currently support 140 young adults with disability to achieve their personal and professional goals through work experience, vocational participation and employment in our two innovative social enterprises, based in Frenchs Forest.
We like to challenge the status quo. Our services and programs are designed to combat and solve some of the most endemic challenges faced by people with disability. We seek to challenge the disability sector, and the mainstream to think differently about engaging young people with disability. Visit www.fightingchance.org.au for more information.
A full position description is attached below.