Paralegal Support Workers x2
Employer: Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Indigenous, Legal & Human Rights
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 09 February, 2017.
Applications close: 23 February, 2017. (Expired)
- Melbourne (Full-Time)
We have two exciting opportunities that have arisen in our Melbourne office to become an integral member of the legal practice team.
FVPLS Victoria is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation which was established over 14 years ago. It provides culturally safe and holistic assistance to Aboriginal victims/survivors of family violence and sexual assault.
FVPLS Victoria’s legal services include advice, representation and advocacy in the following areas:
- child protection;
- family violence intervention orders;
- family law;
- victims of crime assistance; and
subject to capacity, other civil matters arising from clients’ experience of family violence, such as: police complaints, housing, Centrelink, child support and infringement matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to clients in relation to family violence and court processes
- Provide support to clients when reporting crimes to police or attending court
- Assist clients to access counselling and refer clients to other local services that support survivors of family violence and sexual assault
- Assist clients to access Family Violence Flexible Support Packages
- Under supervision of a Lawyer, assist with legal administration tasks, including preparation of legal documents and correspondence, collating briefs for counsel, arranging and attending meetings and conferences, maintaining our client database and applying for grants of Legal Aid
- Meeting and liaising with our relevant stakeholders and travelling to outreach locations
- Attending and participating in the delivery of Community Legal Education activities
Salary & Conditions:
Each position is a 1.0 FTE which will be located in our Melbourne office. The salary for the position will be a range between $46,000 - $58,000 base per annum.
Other entitlements and benefits include:
- 4 weeks annual leave, with 17.5% leave loading per annum
- 10 days compassionate leave
- Gross Salary Packaging up to $30,000
- Employers superannuation contribution at 9.5
A full position description is attached below.