Donor Relations & Development Manager - Bendigo
Employer: Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Business Development & Sales, Fundraising
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional VIC
Job posted on: 26 February, 2016.
Applications close: 11 March, 2016. (Expired)
- Salary $80K plus super
The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) is a charitable foundation that supports Australia’s regional, rural and remote communities by creating partnerships with the private sector, governments, philanthropy and individuals. FRRR is seeking to fill the role of Donor Relations & Development Manager to work closely with the CEO and leadership team to deliver on the Foundation’s mission.
The Donor Relations & Development Manager (DR&DM) is responsible for strategic development and implementation of FRRR’s donor care, partnerships, and funding strategy. The position has responsibility for developing, managing and implementing programs to acquire, retain and expand the relationship with new donors, and for the retention and upgrading of existing donors, ensuring all opportunities for growth are maximised and best practice donor care is employed.
Key objectives of the DR&DM include:
- Grow the partnership and funding base and drive new funding for FRRR’s granting programs from trusts, foundations, businesses, individuals and governments using existing and diversified, high yield channels.
- Develop a regular donor pipeline for FRRR’s grants programs.
- Coordinate funding submissions and development of proposals that meet the priorities of donors.
- Lead the donor care strategy, including management of the E-Tapestry CRM system.
- Provide support to FRRR Managers with donor reporting / acquittals.
- Develop direct response / appeals program to respond to key areas of need, including natural disasters and drought.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills:
- Up-to-date understanding of the philanthropic sector and the giving landscape both in Australia and overseas.
- Proven knowledge of best-practice donor or client relationship management and business development practices, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Proven experience in partnership development and management.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a tailored fundraising strategy to ensure substantial and sustained growth.
- Significant experience building new relationships / partnerships with trusts, foundations, government, corporates, high net worth individuals and other key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate and interpret financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and prioritise, including the ability to meet accountability and reporting requirements.
- Ability to manage and review budgets and resources against targets and milestones.
- Ability to work under broad direction and with a degree of autonomy.
- Advanced computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office (including Excel & Word), project management software and database management tools.
- A current driver’s licence and availability to travel as required.
- Undergraduate qualifications in business, finance, marketing or fundraising-related field.
- Prior experience in the delivery of grants programs.
- Prior experience in rural, regional and / or remote communities.
- Strong professional networks and connections.