EAL / ESL Relief Teachers
Employer: Fitzroy Learning Network Inc
Work Type/s: Casual
Classification/s: Education & Training, Legal & Human Rights, Multiculturalism & Diversity
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 06 October, 2016.
Applications close: 10 October, 2016. (Expired)
Fitzroy Learning Network Inc (FLN) is a not for profit organisation, affiliated Community Neighbourhood House Learning Centre and Registered Training Organisation. FLN has provided a variety of highly regarded and valued programs and services to newly arrived migrants, refugees and other disadvantaged community members since 1986. These programs and services range from English language programs to teaching sewing skills, computer skills and business leadership.
FLN teachers provide quality teaching, training and assessment practices and services to Fitzroy Learning Network culturally and linguistically diverse learners. FLN uses the Certificates in Spoken and Written English (CSWE) curriculum framework for teaching English to Preliminary, Beginner, Post Beginner and Intermediate learners. We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from qualified and experienced EAL/ESL teachers who would like to join our organisation in one of the following roles as:
- Short term contracts to teach on a range of programs at CSWE I, II & III levels. EOIs for one, two or three day contracts are available. Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010 based on agreed Qualifications and teaching experience plus 9.5% superannuation contribution (8/9 weeks depending on commencement date)
- Emergency relief teacher to fill in a teaching session on short notice. Teachers wishing to apply are required to have willingness and experience to plan lessons and construct handouts.
- A recognised Bachelor Degree and a recognised postgraduate TESOL qualification which includes a practicum*; or
- A Bachelor of Education with a TESOL major or equivalent which includes a practicum*
* The practicum must be at least 60 hours long.
- A current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
- ISLPR training.