Project Coordinator - Place-Based Project
Employer: Eastern Domestic Violence Service
Work Type/s: Full Time, Contract
Classification/s: Women's Organisations & Services, Community Development, Health Promotion, Project Management, Social Work
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 24 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Location: Melbourne (Yarra Ranges)
- Join an established community organisation dedicated to quality services for women and children responding to domestic violence
- SCHADS 6.3 plus super and access to tax-effective salary packaging!
- 1-year fixed term until Jun 2018
About the organisation
EDVOS is the specialist family violence service in the eastern metropolitan region and covers the municipalities of Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Knox, Monash, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges.
We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We focus on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators. We provide support, information, case management, safety planning, community education, programs for pet safety and a strong network of referral pathways to other services.
EDVOS is a child- focused and child safe organisation and we are committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children.
About the opportunity
This new role is an exciting opportunity as EDVOS expands service/program delivery across the family violence continuum. This position will coordinate and oversee a range of new and innovative primary prevention activities, as well as expanded early intervention and response activities in different settings in the Yarra Ranges. EDVOS requires a highly skilled Project Coordinator with a background in Health Promotion, Community Development or Social Work. This role will be critical in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders whilst ensuring that the community is engaged and contributes to project development and implementation.
Position objectives and overview
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a Place-Based project, including planning, implementing and evaluating activities to prevent violence against women within the Yarra Ranges. Focusing on Millgrove and Wesburn, the Project Coordinator will work with current local partners, and engage local community people to deliver programs and services to these two communities that include primary prevention, early intervention and response to family violence. Using co-design principles, the Project Coordinator will proactively refer to active input by the people who use current local services as well as those who have traditionally provided them. There will be a strong focus on managing partner and stakeholder relationships, as well as community engagement and participation.
Women with disabilities and/or from an ATSI or CALD background are encouraged to apply.
Applicants for this role must be female, as permitted by EEO Exemption no. VCAT 196/2012.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in health promotion, social work and/or community development.
- Experience in project management, including project development, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience in community development, particularly community engagement and community participation where applicable using co-design approach.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the complexities of family violence including the gendered nature of family violence, social determinants and drivers of violence against women.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage relationships and potential conflict between partners, key stakeholders and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and implement systems to ensure workflow and demand are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
- Proven ability to function both independently and collaboratively both within a dynamic office environment and also at remote locations.
- Fluency in a language other than English is highly desirable.
This role is subject to satisfactory Police and Working with Children Checks, or equivalent.
A full position description is attached below.