Employer: ECH Inc
Work Type/s: Casual
Classification/s: Aged Care & Seniors’ Rights, Health Care & Allied Health, Health Promotion
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 10 January, 2017.
Applications close: 13 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Casual position working across all ECH Wellness Centres
ECH is a leading not-for-profit provider of services that promote self-determination and enable people to live confidently at home and have the best possible life as they age. ECH stands for ‘enabling confidence at home’ and the values of integrity, respect and empathy guides all the services ECH provides.
ECH Wellness Programs support people who are 50+ to stay fit and active through health and fitness programs that enhance wellbeing. We are seeking an enthusiastic Fitness Leader to be part of the current expansion of group programs and health related activities. Group programs are primarily general fitness and strengthening, but may also include Fitball, Chi Ball, Zumba (modified), Pilates, Yoga, Relaxation, Falls and Balance prevention.
This role will suit a candidate who is a team player in that they:
- Communicate well
- Cooperate with others
- Work towards shared team goals
- Look out for others
- Can resolve conflicts
- And have fun!
This is a casual relief role and would cover planned and unplanned vacant shifts across all ECH Wellness Centres (Henley Beach, Greenacres, Morphett Vale and Victor Harbor).
The core responsibilities include:
- Leading general fitness classes where groups of clients undertake individualised programs in a group setting.
- Innovation in the preparation and delivery of individualised fitness, group programs and health related activities
- Undertaking assessments and reviews as part of a multidisciplinary team
To be considered for the role you will need:
- A recognised Level III or IV Fitness Instructor qualification
- Strength For Life leader certification or qualifications in other health related activities would be an advantage
- Knowledge of and passion for enabling healthy ageing
- Computer literacy to maintain accurate records and documentation. Knowledge of Excel is desirable.