Project Officer - CALD Capacity Building Project - Resource Development
Employer: Ethnic Community Services Co-operative
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: Community Development, Disability Services, Education & Training, Media & Arts, Multiculturalism & Diversity, Project Management, Social Work
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 30 January, 2017.
The Ethnic Community Services Co-operative, an EEO employer, seeks applications for:
Project Officer: CALD Capacity Building Project (Resource Development) – 2 days per week days per week
- Exciting opportunity to make a difference for CALD people with disability at a critical time of disability sector reform
- Contribute your skills in community consultation and creative resource development
- Apply your passion for human rights and diversity as part of our growing team!
We are seeking a highly motivated community services professional to drive the development of resources to enhance the rights of people with disability from CALD backgrounds, their families and carers; with a particular focus on building capacity to engage with the NDIS. Resources could be in a range of formats including fact sheets, DVDs, video clips, audio recordings, newsletters, web content, or more!
The Project Officer will work alongside the project team and graphic designer to identify what resources are needed; develop content; oversee resource production; and promote resources to CALD communities and other relevant stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to contribute your knowledge of issues affecting individuals and communities to our systemic advocacy activities, which have contributed to real change to policy and practice in the disability sector over the 37 years of our work.
The position is based in our Marrickville office with travel throughout Metro Sydney and occasionally to other areas in NSW. This is a fixed term position until 30 June 2018.
Why work for the Ethnic Community Services Co-operative?
- Join a team genuinely committed to social justice, human rights, inclusion and diversity
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Access to professional development and reflective supervision to enable continual learning
- We are a learning and growing organisation with an exciting future
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Level 5.
A full position description is attached below.