Policy & Quality Officer
Employer: CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Policy & Research, Operations & Risk Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 09 January, 2017.
Applications close: 23 January, 2017.
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The Policy & Quality Officer reports the Quality Assurance and Practice Manager and is required to work closely with Managers and Coordinators to develop, maintain and review policies and procedures as required by programs, regulations and legislation.
The responsibilities of this role also include:
- Consultatively developing protocols and guidelines to improve standards across all services
- Coordinating communication of policy review, finalisations and updates
- Researching and referencing relevant legislation, standards and regulations and keep abreast of changes which may impact CatholicCare policies and procedures
- Ensuring document integrity, accuracy and consistency
- Assisting in the development and review of compliance standards and quality assurance
The successful candidate will preferably be tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline with considerable industry experience. Must have experience in interpreting and applying legislation and Social Care Sector Standards when developing policy and procedures as well as a demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate policy and procedures. Advanced skills across the Microsoft Office suite as well as in developing web-based content and utilising on-line communication forums are also required.