Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Administration, International Aid & Development, Project Management, Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 03 February, 2017.
- Reports To: CEO
CUFA was created in 1971 and is an economic development agency. It is a not-for-profit organisation whose vision is for communities of the Asia Pacific region to be free of poverty through economic development and self-determination. CUFA facilitates the development of economic capacity through education, employment and enterprise opportunities to build community self-reliance.
The Program Administrator is responsible for the general management of CUFA's programmatic administrative operations and is tasked to oversee the program administrative processes, procedures and stakeholder relationships. The position will be responsible in managing accountabilities to funding agencies, program partners and other stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining administrative systems, policies and procedures to support the efficient coordination of program activity.
- Developing and monitoring processes for evaluating, reviewing and enhancing the program activities to ensure that they remain cost effective and centred on the needs of the beneficiaries.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and performance monitoring of staff with in country offices.
- Ensuring the safety and maintenance of all properties and equipment utilised by the organisation in program provision by taking both preventative and reactive corrective action to ensure the quality of the program provision
- Acting to reduce the number of critical incidence by monitoring, evaluating, streamlining and/or redesigning the procedures/processes
- Monitoring CUFA project plans inline with the board approved budgets and providing monthly and quarterly reports to the CEO
Representation and relationships
This position is the primary contact for funding body relationships. The position is responsible for ensuring that all government legislation and the organisation's policies and procedures are implemented effectively. The position will be required to attend industry events both domestic and international often out of regular office hours and sometimes at short notice.
- Management, leadership and influencing capability.
- Emotional intelligence with the capacity to influence colleagues to deliver on organisational goals and project objectives
- A keen focus with the ability to act empathetically with cross-culturalsensitivity and understanding.
- Ability to manage workload and respond to the positions requirements flexibly and efficiently
- A personal commitment to the organisation's vision and mission and values
- An understanding and commitment to the promotion of gender equality and diversity.
CUFA works in post conflict settings with beneficiaries and communities enduring food insecurity, poor health and sanitation, low levels of literacy, and unstable political environments which create a difficult and sometimes chaotic work environment. The position requires flexibility and adaptability.
Risk and Occupational Health and Safety
The incumbent must:
- Adhere to CUFA’s OH & S policies, procedures and practices
- Must report any risks or hazards immediately to assist to eliminate or mitigate the risk/s
- Administrative, organisational, budgetary, reporting and planning skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and motivational skills.
- A detailed understanding of the environment faced by the beneficiaries of CUFA’s projects.
- Analytical interpretation and advanced problem solving abilities.
The position is based in Sydney, Australia however the role will involve international travel to program sites. Given the nature of the organisation and the work it undertakes travel may be necessary at short notice and for extended periods. It is a condition of employment that staff abides by CUFA’s travel policies and procedures particularly in relation to safety and security.
CEO, Deputy CEO, Fundraising and Marketing staff, Country Managers, International Projects Supervisor, Finance Team, The Regional Support Team and Project staff.
Government Department Staff, Partner Organisations, ACFID and other funding bodies.
- ACFID Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Gender Equality
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- CUFA’s Child Protection Policy
- CUFA’s Occupational Health and Safety Policies
A full position description is attached below.