Communications Officer - Canberra
Employer: Community and Public Sector Union
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, Unions & Workers Rights
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Job posted on: 25 July, 2013.
Applications close: 05 August, 2013. (Expired)
Level: Organiser Level 2 (excludes Organiser Expense Allowance). $70,601 to $83,691 + 15.4% superannuation
Position reports to: Director of Campaigns & Communications
Location: Canberra or Sydney
Conditions of employment:
- Excellent conditions of employment including permanent employment (following probation period), flexible working hours and access to 13 accrued days off a year, family friendly conditions including 26 weeks Paid Parental Leave.
- a strong focus on health and safety including offering a range of health and well being initiatives
- a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- a strong commitment to training and development, including study leave
- salary sacrificing
Overview of position
The CPSU is one of Australia’s most active and innovative trade unions, representing tens of thousands of members in the federal public sector and beyond.
The primary function of this role is to deliver effective written communications that support the union’s agenda and promote the benefits of union membership.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Campaigns and Communications and will be primarily responsible for:
- writing and sub-editing a wide range of CPSU communications
- providing expert media advice
- managing relationships with service providers
- creating effective online content and campaign materials
- using social media to drive CPSU campaigns
Selection Criteria (required skills, knowledge & ability)
- A commitment to union values and principles, helping others and making a contribution to society
- Excellent written communication skills – ability to write bulletins, emails, letters or reports and analyse written documents
- Demonstrated understanding of the media and political environment as it relates to the CPSU’s aims
- Capacity to embrace new technologies and strategies to promote the CPSU
- Ability to analyse issues and develop strategies to deal with them
- Ability to deal professionally with diverse groups of people, including journalists, members, delegates and union officials
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity to produce high quality work in a sometimes challenging environment.
You must complete the on-line Employment Application Questionnaire and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.
Please visit our website at http://www.cpsu.org.au/aboutus/infopages/13810.html to access the Employment Application Questionnaire.
Enquiries about this role can be directed to: Dermot Browne, Director Campaign and Communications, Telephone (02) 8204 6951.