Regional Communications Officer
Employer: Cancer Council NSW
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Health Promotion, Media & Arts, Project Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 25 January, 2017.
- Greater Western Sydney (Parramatta based)
- Through your PR or Communications experience, ensure we are top-of-mind in the local community
- Build brand profile and trust, and drive higher levels of community engagement in our fundraising events and cancer prevention programs
- This varied role combines your communications expertise with your love of relationship management.
Celebrating over 60 years, Cancer Council NSW is an independent, community funded not for profit. We look at all aspects of Cancer from research right through to support.
The six regional teams have a key role in extending the reach of Cancer Council to all communities across NSW, to deliver high quality programs and raise funds in support of the vision to defeat cancer. Local level. Local reach. Local relationships.
This role adds value by overseeing all aspects of communications for their local region, working closely with internal and external stakeholders in the detail of planning, coordinating and executing communication strategies to support events and prevention programs. As the communications liaison for the Metro Sydney region, and the coordinator of communications interns/volunteers, this varied role will balance your experience in both communications and stakeholder and relationship management.
Based in the Parramatta office, reporting to the Regional Manager - Greater Western Sydney, you will work closely with the Greater Western Sydney regional team to:
- Develop and coordinate communication strategies that include traditional media and online channels to support regional priorities and build Cancer Council brand profile locally
- Lead and advise on localising state based media and communications in-line with regional community plans
- Coordinate regional response to reactive media requests
- Work closely with our Head Office Brand, Marketing & Communications team to bring local relevance to state-wide communications
What are we looking for?
With your existing experience as a PR or Communications specialist, you will have a passion for the amazing work we do in the community. You will need excellent interpersonal, stakeholder relationship management and networking skills, along with:
- Experience in execution of brand and communication activities; including, but not limited to social and traditional media to build brand profile and trust.
- Demonstrated success in delivering high level customer service
- Demonstrated success in building stakeholder relationships
- Exceptional organisational, project management and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and support competing demands
- High level written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy skills – specifically in Microsoft Office suite of programs, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Flexibility to travel throughout the region and work flexible hours (including weekends and evenings) is required, as is a Class C driver’s licence.
Please note internally this role is called Communications & Events Coordinator.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to call Bridget Mudford on 02) 93341436.