On line store Operator
Employer: The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre Cooperative Ltd
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Retail & Hospitality, Project Management, Recycling & Waste Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP), Social Enterprise
Job posted on: 27 February, 2017.
Applications close: 05 March, 2017. (Expired)
The Bower is a not-for-profit environmental Charity & Cooperative that assists communities by diverting waste from landfill through collections of preloved goods and promotes buying second hand household goods and building material. The Bower partners with many councils in the Sydney Metropolitan Area and wants to extend its reach and customer basis by expanding its on line store.
The On line store operator will be responsible for the management, marketing and growth of the Bower’s on line store via internal and external digital media platforms and marketing strategies.
Required tasks include:
- Day to day management of the on line store including posting and presentation of images and the selection, pricing and promotion of goods.
- Development and implementation of a business model to grow and expand the Bower’s E-commerce by using digital marketplaces based on continual research and analysis of the target audience.
- Development and implementation of an effective marketing and communication strategies involving paid and free advertisement to promote The Bower’s on line store.
- Production of high quality written and visual content for a variety of platforms including Facebook, website, blogs, newsletters, social and media sites to promote on line sales.
- Maintain a high level of supporter service and responsiveness as well as continual review and enhancement of online sales.
- Establish close work relation with the Marketing and Communications officer and assist in the overall communication and marketing strategy.
- Supporting other employees, including Marketing and Communications officer
- Participating in staff meetings where possible
- Assisting in other marketing campaigns as appropriate
- Other duties as required by the Manager
Please respond to each of the following Necessary and Preferred criteria - considering your skills, knowledge and past experience if relevant.
We will also need your CV to complete your application.
Necessary Skills (should be addressed as Employment Criteria in applications):
We’re looking for a smart, creative, yet pragmatic thinker, who is passionate about social media and on line marketplaces to work on campaigns that boosts our e-commerce
- Excellent knowledge of on line marketplaces, their market niche and audiences including market research and analysis.
- Accustomed with the development of a digital marketing strategies to engage target audiences.
- Good understanding of social media platforms including paid advertisement and how to use them for promotional purposes
- Familiar with Website design, creating graphic elements, branding materials for use in online communication and relevant software such as Photoshop.
- At least two years’ experience in the E-commerce sector
- Ability to work unsupervised including manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Good problem solving and lateral thinking
- Enthusiasm for being an integral part of a small team
Additional Skills & Values (not ‘Necessary’ but considered favourably):
- Experience in retail sector
- Concern for resource conservation and knowledge of recycle industry
- Ability to assess value of second-hand materials and products
What The Bower Provides:
- Part time contract – min 30 hours per week, starting with 8 month contract with option to extend to an indefinite contract
- Pay rates according to Retail Award 2010 MA000004 Level 8
- 20% staff discount on purchases of stock (excluding consignment).
- Access to Bower workshop & tools (pending completion of competency appraisal).
- Comprehensive Work Health & Safety policy to ensure safe working conditions.
- Thorough induction to The Bower & processes involved in working here.
A position description is attached below.