Community Fundraising Manager - Cure Cancer Australia
Employer: Beaumont Consulting Pty Ltd
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Fundraising, Project Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Full time role
- Sydney, CBD location- Less than a 5 minute walk from Circular Quay
- Incredible opportunity to join Cure Cancer Australia during an exciting time!
About the organisation
Cure Cancer Australia is exclusively dedicated to funding early-career cancer researchers. Cure Cancer Australia identify, assess, and fund the research that Cure Cancer Australia believe has the best possible chance of finding a cure.
Most importantly, Cure Cancer Australia fund research for ALL cancer types and ALL areas of cancer research. Although turning 50 years old in 2017, with a rich heritage and world-class Alumni, Cure Cancer Australia is not a well-known brand, with its exclusive point-of-difference in the cancer research sector in Australia being relatively unknown. To address this, the culture reflects that of 'a start-up' with new and innovative fundraising initiatives being embarked upon. This is an exciting time in Cure Cancer Australia's history.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, the Community Fundraising Event Manager will lead and manage existing and new community fundraising events and campaigns, including participation based, third party and the national BARBECURE campaign.
Key Responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing and implementing strategies to leverage and grow existing partnerships and community fundraising events and initiatives.
- Managing income and expenditure budgets and forecasts across all events and campaigns, delivering appropriate reporting with focus on ROI per revenue stream
- Developing and delivering revenue growth strategy across all elements of community fundraising events including: BARBECURE, third party community fundraising events, participation based fundraising, working with existing and new supporters, development of dynamic and cost-effective fundraising initiatives, and retention of existing individuals and groups to support new events.
- Delivering targets, quarterly and annually driven by campaigns or other initiatives
- Managing complete donor life-cycle and donor care program of community fundraising strategy, specifically: prospecting, acquisition, activation, reactivation, loyalty, and retention initiatives
- Strategically targeting individuals and groups, inspiring and engaging high-value partners and individual participation
- Identifying and driving initiatives leading to increase in Cure Cancer Australia becoming the 'charity of choice' for third party and participation based event activities
The Community Fundraising Event Manager will nurture and develop key stakeholder relationships, including corporate and community groups and partners to support donor acquisition, engagement and retention through community fundraising event initiatives.
This is an exciting time for you to join Cure Cancer Australia and to be considered for this role it is important that you have:
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience and success in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience and skills in relationship building with a variety of stakeholders, business development (including budget setting and tracking) and strategic thinking and execution
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive, develop trust and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and budget requirements; and the ability to manage multiple projects and events simultaneously, with a proven eye for detail
- Capacity for creative, innovative and dynamic thinking
- Capacity to work under pressure and to tight timelines and with adaptability if/when required to achieve the optimum business outcome
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends events; and able to travel inter-state when required