Chief Operating Officer
Employer: TOM Organic
Work Type/s: Part Time
Classification/s: FairTrade & Organic, Green Products & Services, Operations & Risk Management, Women's Organisations & Services, Executive & Senior Management
Sector/s: Business/Private Sector
Job posted on: 16 January, 2017.
Applications close: 24 January, 2017.
- TOM Organic - part-time (4 days)
One of Melbourne’s thought leading brands is looking for a COO to join their team, to help drive their next growth phase. They have asked us at Beam Australia to find them the right person, since they're offering a great work environment, part-time flexibility and support for work-life balance.
Innovate, lead and get stuff done. Help shape the Tom Organic story as you oversee their operations and finance functions to plan, direct and ensure top execution of the existing business and entry into new markets and products.
Tom Organic’s vision is to pioneer pure and essential products that empower women to live healthier, more fulfilled lives. Respectful of the planet, TOM uses the most sustainable, organic and biodegradable materials wherever possible to ensure a healthier world for us all. Read more at www.tomorganic.com.au/.
As a key leader in this business, reporting to the Founder and CEO, you’ll have autonomy and responsibility. You’ll drive the scaling of the business, and manage a talented growing team, as well as relationships with suppliers and distributors. We are looking for a potential successor to the CEO in the future who treats the business as their own.
If you have FMCG experience, a product-centric approach and are passionate about the social impact of quality, organic, ethical products, this is an incredible opportunity. You also need to have:
- Exceptional leadership and management capability
- Strong financial management and budgeting experience
- An entrepreneurial view – be an out of the box thinker and problem solver
- A passion for small business
- Ability to manage existing accounts and to develop and implement service schedules/deliveries appropriate to customer needs and demands
- Ability to manage inventory and have a knowledge of warehousing and distribution best practices
- Experience building or growing a business or business unit
- Ideally have both Corporate and SME experience
- NPD as well as e-commerce experience is beneficial but not essential
Culture fit, the right attitude and potential to lead the business forward are critical to TOM Organic. In return they provide a 4 day work week and an offering set to grow exponentially over the coming year; so you can be passionate about your job and achieve work life balance.