Employer: Borneo Orangutan Survival Australia
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: Animal Welfare & Protection, Conservation & Land Management, Environment & Sustainability, Fundraising
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 15 February, 2017.
Applications close: 28 February, 2017. (Expired)
Borneo Orangutan Survival Australia (BOSA) is the Australian representative of Borneo Orangutan Survival Indonesia, the worlds largest orangutan welfare organisation. Much of our work is to save the orangutan by rescuing and rehabilitating them, with an ultimate goal of releasing them back to the forest where they will be safe from human development, poaching and farming.
We’re searching for an experienced, generalist Fundraising Manager to develop and implement the BOSA Fundraising Strategy by delivering BOSA specific fundraising programs relating to adoptions, individual donors, major donors as well as grants & philanthropic foundations. Extensive fundraising management experience essential. Location flexible. 25 hrs per week. Approx $50K pa.
- Developing and delivering the BOSA Fundraising Strategy including driving fundraising appeals.
- Developing existing and new fundraising products, initiatives and events.
- Acquisition and retention of individual donors.
- Identification and acquisition of grants and major donations from philanthropic bodies, government departments, individual donors and the corporate sector.
- Donor relations and management.
- Social Media & Web content Management
- Minimum 3 years experience developing and implementing effective fundraising programs, products and initiatives.
- Experience in production of appeals
- Fundraising letter and email writing ability
- Experience in high donor liaison
- Knowledge of Bequest programmes
- Social media experience.
- Some knowledge of Grants and management of a grants consultant
- Demonstrated success in building individual donation revenue and programs.
- Highly motivated self starter with an ability to prioritise tasks, forward plan, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Hands on results orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in protecting the environment and a commitment to BOSA philosophy and mission.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with Excel ,Word, Facebook and preferably SalesForce and Mailchimp
- Experience with donor databases.
- Experience with implementation of new donor/customer relations management databases and systems.
- Experience managing volunteers
All applicants must have an Australian work visa if not an Australian Citizen.
Location and logistics
The position reports to our Committee via the President.
The Fundraising Manager would attend Committee meetings by Skype once a month.
The position can be operated from a home office. Requirements are:
- PC/Mac with Microsoft Office
- Broadband connection
Phone, Internet costs and out of pocket expenses are reimbursed.
The role is approx. 25 hours per week.
An agreed rate circa $50,000 pa is envisaged. The Administrator would invoice BOS (ABN required).