Chief Financial Officer
Employer: Bill Crews Charitable Trust
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Finance & Accounting, Executive & Senior Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 04 April, 2017.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Well known Non-for-Profit Organisation
- Dynamic Environment
- Maternity Leave - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Bill Crews Charitable Trust exists to encourage and develop new and innovative projects aimed at alleviating poverty. The Trust is locally and intentionally entrepreneurial, established both in Australia, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Cambodia.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), this position is responsible for the accounting and finance function of two organisations, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, effective working capital management, a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or financial reporting standards. The position is also responsible for cash management and risk management.
Specifically, this role involves
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, cash flow, General Ledger operations, audit reviews, tax filings, and other financial activities as applicable. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organisation including: organisational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development, and monitoring of organisational and contract/grant budgets. Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure the timely reporting of all weekly (cash flows) and monthly (P/L) financial information to the Board
- Collaborate with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives and support reporting of KPIs in timely management reporting.
- Monitors and analyses operational activities to help develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining high levels of customer service delivery.
- Advise management regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Respond to inquiries from the CEO, Board and management team regarding financial results, special reporting requests
- Create Board Reporting Packs for quarterly/annual board meetings, attend the Board meetings and present financial reports to the Board
- Work closely with the Fundraising Team to improve and diversify revenue streams
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree in accounting, finance, business, or commerce
- CPA, CA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Operational computer knowledge in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven working experience as a Chief Financial Office / Financial controller/ Treasurer
- 5+ years of post-qualification overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Experience in management reporting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Extensive demonstrated experience in analysing and interpreting financial data and assisting with business cases and grant acquittals
- Strong people management skills, and excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to document and explain financial information to all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to build effective working relationships, both within and outside the organisation.
A full position description is attached below.