Gifts in Wills Manager
Employer: Animals Australia
Work Type/s: Part Time
Classification/s: Animal Welfare & Protection, Business Development & Sales, Fundraising
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 06 January, 2017.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Inspire people to gift through their will to create a kinder world
- Location: North Melbourne
- Part time role - 3 days a week
Animals Australia works tirelessly to protect the most abused and defenseless animals in our society. Our award winning national campaigns and unique investigative work have awakened millions to the cruel practices of factory farming, live animal export and live baiting in the greyhound industry, while pressuring industry and government to take much needed action. Each victory for animals is underpinned by a strong and proactive supporter base.
Mark Twain once penned "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
As an organisation focused solely on creating a kinder world for all living beings, Animals Australia seeks to encourage kindness in many forms. Inspiring people to gift through their will to create a kinder world is just one of those ways.
To help do this, we are seeking an experienced Gifts in Wills Manager to develop, manage and continually grow our Bequest Program.
In the role of Gifts in Wills Manager, you will develop and build the bequest activities and engagement of donors. Key functions of the role include;
- Development of Bequest program strategy
- Develop and maintain recording systems
- Nurture and manage relationships with confirmed and potential bequestors
- Event Management
- Reporting to Leadership Team and Board
- Creation of external communications.
Our ideal comes from a strong background in the not-for-profit sector with bequests and/or donor development programs.
You will have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and enjoy developing new relationships, whilst understanding the diplomacy and sensitivity required when discussing the subject of bequests. Well organised and a self starter, you will be comfortable using databases and be able to work autonomously to meet deadlines.
But first and foremost is your ability to demonstrate your understanding and commitment to the values and objectives of Animals Australia that will see you being successful in this role.
So, if you want to add your voice, to our voice, and speak up for the voiceless, then we'd love to hear from you.
What can Animals Australia offer you:
Aside from the opportunity to bring about real change for animals, we offer:
- A fun, but hard working environment
- Flexibility in work hours
- Discounted private health care membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Companion Animal Compassionate Leave
- Funky, fantastic office in very convenient location