Operations Manager - Kiribati Institute of Technology
Employer: Australian Volunteers International (AVI)
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Education & Training, International Aid & Development, Management,
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 29 March, 2010.
Applications close: 10 April, 2010. (Expired)
The opportunity to take on something out of the ordinary…
- Share Your Operations Management in Technical Education Expertise
- Build Your International Experience
- $125,000 Plus benefits – 2 Year Contract
Successful PACTAM deployees share the ethos of Australian Volunteers International.
Kiribati is a remote nation of island atolls, straddling the equator in the mid-Pacific. With a population of approximately 105,000, this quiet and traditional community faces many challenges in building a sustainable future.
In the role of Operations Manager of Kiribati Institute of Technology you will be responsible for leading, managing and supporting the Institute’s successful transition to competency-based training and assessment based on agreed international standards. You will support the Principal in the implementation of an intensive change program and the line management of the Departments. To take your interest further, please call with any queries. We will ask you to tell us about:
- Your recent extensive experience in the TVET for adults
- Your extensive knowledge of the Australian Qualifications Framework, along with your current knowledge and ability to implement a broad range of Australian Training Packages under Competency Based Training Principles.
- Your demonstrated success in monitoring, reporting and improving educational quality.
- Your demonstrated ability to manage change at senior level and managing human resources.
- Your highly developed communication skills and organisational skills.
- Your reputation for results in a cross-cultural capacity building projects with stakeholders such as senior government officials preferably within the Pacific region.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education, Management and Education Management
This position is part of the Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism (PACTAM), which places highly-skilled deployees in the Pacific to assist local employers to meet their human resource needs and contribute to building capacity in the workplace. PACTAM is a unique program, combining the values of volunteering - global citizenship and the minimisation of non-development related costs - with an income that opens up these opportunities to mid-career professionals, or those seeking to commence a career in the development sector. The remuneration package includes an allowance of $125,000, relocation and accommodation support, airfares and insurance.
Visit ww.australianvolunteers.com/pactam for a detailed assignment description and complete selection criteria. Note the link to the Assignment Description located at the top of the advertisement for this position: Position Description #: 10530696 For more information contact Ann Ray on +61 3 9279 1707 or email@example.com