Institute of Technology Principal - Kiribati
Employer: Australian Volunteers International (AVI)
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Education & Training, International Aid & Development, Management,
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 29 March, 2010.
Applications close: 10 April, 2010. (Expired)
The opportunity to take on something out of the ordinary…
- Share Your Technical Education Management Expertise
- Build Your International Experience
- $130,000 Plus benefits – 2 Year Contract
Successful PACTAM deployees share the ethos of Australian Volunteers International.
Kiribati is a remote nation of island atolls, straddling the equator in the mid-Pacific. With a population of approximately 105,000, this quiet and traditional community faces many challenges in building a sustainable future.
In the role of Principal of Kiribati Institute of Technology you will be responsible for overseeing the strengthening of the Institute, its training standards and outcomes, improving the management and day-to-day administration of the organisation and providing policy advice on technical vocational education and training reform.
To take your interest further, please call with any queries. We will ask you to tell us about:
- Your recent extensive experience in the leadership and management of a comprehensive TVET Institute or faculty at a Principal or Deputy Principal level.
- Your working knowledge of the Australian Training Framework, including the Australian Qualifications Training Framework.
- Your demonstrated leadership, mentoring and team building skills
- Your demonstrated ability to develop and manage administrative and financial management systems.
- Your TVET change management experience – preferably in a Pacific context
- Your highly developed communication skills and organisational skills.
- Your reputation for results in a cross-cultural capacity building projects with stakeholders such as senior government officials preferably within the Pacific region.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education, Management and Education Management
This position is part of the Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism (PACTAM), which places highly-skilled deployees in the Pacific to assist local employers to meet their human resource needs and contribute to building capacity in the workplace. PACTAM is a unique program, combining the values of volunteering - global citizenship and the minimisation of non-development related costs - with an income that opens up these opportunities to mid-career professionals, or those seeking to commence a career in the development sector. The remuneration package includes an allowance of $130,000, relocation and accommodation support, airfares and insurance.
Visit www.australianvolunteers.com/pactam for a detailed assignment description and complete selection criteria. Note the link to the Assignment Description located at the top of the advertisement for this position: Position Description #: 10530874 For more information contact Ann Ray on +61 3 9279 1707 or email@example.com